is a topic covered in the Diagnosaurus
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Medicine Central™ is a quick-consult mobile and web resource that includes diagnosis, treatment, medications, and follow-up information on over 700 diseases and disorders, providing fast answers—anytime, anywhere. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Iodine deficiency (rare in developed world)
- Thyroid surgery, irradiation, or radioiodine
- Subacute (de Quervain’s) thyroiditis (after initial hyperthyroidism)
- Severe illness
- Drugs causing hypothyroidism: lithium, amiodarone, propylthiouracil, methimazole, phenylbutazone, sulfonamides, interferon ?
- Riedel’s thyroiditis
- Deficient pituitary thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)
- "Subclinical" hypothyroidism: high TSH, clinically euthyroid, normal T4
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: December 1, 2014
Zeiger, Roni F.. "Hypothyroidism." Diagnosaurus, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2014. Medicine Central, im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114310/2/Hypothyroidism.
Zeiger RF. Hypothyroidism. Diagnosaurus. 4th ed. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. https://im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114310/2/Hypothyroidism. Accessed June 19, 2019.
Zeiger, R. F. (2014). Hypothyroidism. In Diagnosaurus. Available from https://im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114310/2/Hypothyroidism
Zeiger RF. Hypothyroidism [Internet]. In: Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. [cited 2019 June 19]. Available from: https://im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114310/2/Hypothyroidism.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Hypothyroidism
ID - 114310
A1 - Zeiger,Roni F,
Y1 - 2014/12/01/
BT - Diagnosaurus
UR - https://im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114310/2/Hypothyroidism
PB - McGraw-Hill Education
ET - 4
DB - Medicine Central
DP - Unbound Medicine