is a topic covered in the Diagnosaurus
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Medicine Central™ is a quick-consult mobile and web resource that includes diagnosis, treatment, medications, and follow-up information on over 700 diseases and disorders, providing fast answers—anytime, anywhere. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Iodine deficiency (rare in developed world)
- Thyroid surgery, irradiation, or radioiodine
- Subacute (de Quervain’s) thyroiditis (after initial hyperthyroidism)
- Severe illness
- Drugs causing hypothyroidism: lithium, amiodarone, propylthiouracil, methimazole, phenylbutazone, sulfonamides, interferon ?
- Riedel’s thyroiditis
- Deficient pituitary thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)
- "Subclinical" hypothyroidism: high TSH, clinically euthyroid, normal T4
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --