is a topic covered in the Diagnosaurus
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Medicine Central™ is a quick-consult mobile and web resource that includes diagnosis, treatment, medications, and follow-up information on over 700 diseases and disorders, providing fast answers—anytime, anywhere. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
Transient incontinence: DIAPPERS
- Atrophic vaginitis or urethritis
- Pharmacology, eg, anticholinergics, diuretics, hypnotics
- Psychiatric disorders, eg, psychosis, depression
- Excess urine, eg, edema, hyperglycemia, hypercalcemia
- Restricted mobility
- Stool impaction
- Detrusor overactivity (urge incontinence or "overactive" bladder)
- Urethral incompetence (stress incontinence, eg, multiparity, pelvic surgery)
- Urethral obstruction (eg, benign prostatic hyperplasia; can also present as urge or overflow)
- Detrusor underactivity (overflow incontinence, eg, neurogenic bladder, anticholinergics)
- Mixed incontinence (urge and stress)
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: December 1, 2014
Zeiger, Roni F.. "Urinary Incontinence." Diagnosaurus, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2014. Medicine Central, im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114988/all/Urinary_incontinence.
Zeiger RF. Urinary incontinence. Diagnosaurus. 4th ed. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. https://im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114988/all/Urinary_incontinence. Accessed March 26, 2019.
Zeiger, R. F. (2014). Urinary incontinence. In Diagnosaurus. Available from https://im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114988/all/Urinary_incontinence
Zeiger RF. Urinary Incontinence [Internet]. In: Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. [cited 2019 March 26]. Available from: https://im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114988/all/Urinary_incontinence.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Urinary incontinence
ID - 114988
A1 - Zeiger,Roni F,
Y1 - 2014/12/01/
BT - Diagnosaurus
UR - https://im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114988/all/Urinary_incontinence
PB - McGraw-Hill Education
ET - 4
DB - Medicine Central
DP - Unbound Medicine