Alkaline phosphatase increased
- Obstructive hepatobiliary disease (GGT increased)
- Bone disease, eg, bone metastases, Paget’s disease, osteomalacia, osteosarcoma, hyperparathyroidism (GGT normal)
- Pregnancy (third trimester)
- Gastrointestinal disease, eg, bowel infarction or perforated viscus
- Hepatitis, eg, viral, alcoholic, toxic
- Infiltrative liver disease, eg, tuberculosis, sarcoidosis, lymphoma, amyloidosis
There's more to see -- the rest of this topic is available only to subscribers.