Bleeding, general approach
is a topic covered in the Diagnosaurus
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Medicine Central™ is a quick-consult mobile and web resource that includes diagnosis, treatment, medications, and follow-up information on over 700 diseases and disorders, providing fast answers—anytime, anywhere. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
Defect in platelet number or function (gum bleeding, petechiae, bruising)
- Thrombocytopenia, eg, idiopathic and thrombotic, thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, leukemia
- Acquired disorder, eg, aspirin-induced platelet dysfunction, uremia, myeloproliferative disorder, autoantibody
- Hereditary disorder, eg, von Willebrand's disease, Glanzmann's thrombasthenia
Defect in coagulation (skin and deep muscle bleeding)
- Acquired disorder, eg, liver disease, vitamin K deficiency, anticoagulants, disseminated intravascular coagulation, factor VIII antibodies
- Hereditary disorder, eg, hemophilia A
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: December 1, 2014
Zeiger, Roni F.. "Bleeding, General Approach." Diagnosaurus, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2014. Medicine Central, im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114673/0/Bleeding_general_approach.
Zeiger RF. Bleeding, general approach. Diagnosaurus. 4th ed. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. https://im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114673/0/Bleeding_general_approach. Accessed November 21, 2019.
Zeiger, R. F. (2014). Bleeding, general approach. In Diagnosaurus. Available from https://im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114673/0/Bleeding_general_approach
Zeiger RF. Bleeding, General Approach [Internet]. In: Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. [cited 2019 November 21]. Available from: https://im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114673/0/Bleeding_general_approach.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Bleeding, general approach
ID - 114673
A1 - Zeiger,Roni F,
Y1 - 2014/12/01/
BT - Diagnosaurus
UR - https://im.unboundmedicine.com/medicine/view/Diagnosaurus/114673/0/Bleeding_general_approach
PB - McGraw-Hill Education
ET - 4
DB - Medicine Central
DP - Unbound Medicine